Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Yield: 15 Muffins
1 1⁄4 cup quinoa flour
1 cup oat flour
2⁄3 cup pumpkin purée
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1⁄2 teaspoon grey sea salt
1 cup coconut milk
1⁄4 cup applesauce unsweetened
Nuts to top (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Place 15 cupcake liners into 2 muffin trays.
3. Place the wet ingredients into medium bowl and mix well.
4. In a large sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Carefully pour the wet ingredients into the bowl that contains the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop equal amounts of batter into the prepared cupcake liners.
7. Place chopped nuts and chocolate chips on the top of each muffin (optional).
8. Place muffin trays into the preheated oven and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
Per Muffin: 136 calories, 2g fat, 26g carbs, 4g protein